Triazolam, known by the brand name Halcion, is a prescription sedative most commonly used to treat insomnia and other sleep-related disorders. Because the drug is so habit-forming, it is generally only used short-term. Medical professionals will rarely prescribe the medication to be taken for more than several months – and it is very seldom taken every evening because the controlled substance has such a high propensity for abuse, medical professionals who do prescribe it if they deem doing so necessary. Triazolam is a benzodiazepine, meaning that it is a tranquilizer. Those suffering from a Triazolam addiction will inevitably experience severe symptoms of withdrawal upon abruptly ceased use.
Triazolam Abuse and Addiction
There are numerous symptoms associated with Triazolam abuse and addiction, including:
- Dizziness and a lack of coordination
- Persistent headaches
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Tingling of the skin
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Continued Triazolam use despite negative personal consequences
- Continued Triazolam use despite negative emotional consequences
- Using more of the prescription medication than was prescribed by a medical professional
- Drug-seeking behavior, which – in the case of benzodiazepine abuse – sometimes includes “doctor shopping,” meaning that the individual will see more than one doctor at a time in hopes of acquiring more than one prescription
- A lack of interest in hobbies and activities that were previously enjoyed
- Separation from friends and family members/increased need for privacy
- Mood swings, typically marked by agitation and irritability
Triazolam Withdrawal Symptoms Explained
Triazolam withdrawal symptoms include:
- Fever, chills, and night sweats
- Anxiety and depression
- Insomnia and other sleep-related issues
- Intense psychological cravings
- Muscle pain
- General physical discomfort
- Irritability and agitation
- Delusions and hallucinations
Symptoms associated with benzodiazepine withdrawal can be difficult when left untreated, sometimes resulting in life-threatening complications. In most cases, treating Triazolam addiction in a medical detox facility will require medically monitored drug tapering, meaning that the amount of the prescription will be slowly diminished until there is none left in the bloodstream. No matter how severe the addictive disorder has become and how potentially dangerous the withdrawal symptoms are, we will effectively treat them in a safe and secure medical environment.
Allure Detox – Comprehensive Clinical Care
At Allure Detox, our compassionate team of medical professionals provides an unmatched level of clinical care, ensuring a pain-free and comfortable Triazolam detox experience. We understand that the symptoms associated with Triazolam withdrawal are typically very unpleasant when not effectively treated. Our medical detox program works to provide around-the-clock comfort while laying a foundation for lasting Triazolam recovery.
Our state-of-the-art facility features all of the comforts of home along with several additional luxury amenities. Clients will be escorted to their private bedrooms upon admission, where they will be able to relax in a peaceful and serene environment for as long as they would like. We have many recovery-related services available if clients feel up to taking advantage of them.
These include therapeutic intervention (individual, group, and family therapy sessions), ongoing clinical and medical assessments, a thorough introduction to the 12 step program of addiction recovery program, and case management services geared towards helping clients figure out a logical and reasonable next step. Clients also have access to a fully stocked refrigerator, a state-of-the-art kitchen, and a comfortable dining room. In between clinical services, they can relax in their bedrooms or well-decorated and relaxing common areas.
As soon as symptoms of Triazolam withdrawal occur, they are immediately and effectively treated by a team of physicians and nurses. When medication-assisted treatment is deemed necessary, medications are administered by a prescribing physician in a controlled environment. Regardless of your personal needs, Allure Detox has got you completely covered. For more information on our medically monitored Triazolam detox program, give us a call today.