Recent behavioral studies from the NCBI have indicated that modafinil can enhance cognitive performances in domains like attention, memory, executive functions and increase alertness and response accuracy. Furthermore, in preclinical settings, the drug has been shown to promote hippocampal and synaptic plasticity. Overall, this psychostimulant has been viewed as a CED with lower risks of inducing addiction and a favorable side effect profile.
Modafinil: Not Like Other Stimulants
Modafinil or Provigil aids in keeping people awake. First approved by the FDA in 1998 to treat narcolepsy, modafinil is also used to treat other sleep problems such as obstructive sleep apnea or excessive daytime sleepiness.
It has also been used to help people with Parkinson’s Disease, ADHD, chronic fatigue syndrome, and Multiple Sclerosis stay alert, and students favor it as well to help stay up late, concentrate and study as wee as executives to help them complete deadlines and the military as a way to combat sleep deprivation and fatigue.
Keeping you alert enhances your thinking and perception, the way it works matches other stimulants like amphetamine and methylphenidate. Still, the structure of modafinil is unique and doesn’t compare to those other drugs.
How Does Modafinil Help You Study?
School can be hard, and if you are used to doing the same, cramming for finals and pumping out 10-page papers the night before they are due. To study effectively, many students take Modafinil. It has come to be known as the smart drug.
It was first made for people to stay awake and fight off sleepiness from sleep disorders such as Shift Sleep Disorder, Narcolepsy, and Sleep Apnea. This is by allowing the person taking the drug to stay awake and engaged for long periods. But bonus, it also helps you maintain a high level of performance even if you haven’t had enough sleep.
More About Modafinil Benefits
Modafinil benefits are many, and it’s widely regarded as one of the best nootropics or brain performance boosters. Modafinil benefits include:
- Enhanced memory – Research finds that Modafinil can improve working and memory in individuals with learning disabilities and healthy individuals.
- Increased focus and attention – Studies consistently show that Modafinil is great at getting you to concentrate on a single task for long periods.
- Reduced sleepiness – Say goodbye to the midday nap. Modafinil will help you get through class without nodding off and without needing that extra coffee.
- Cognitive boost – Modafinil doesn’t just help you focus but improves a huge range of cognitive functions like visual pattern recognition, spatial planning, increased reaction time, strategic planning, decision-making, and visual processing.
- Motivation – Research has found that Modafinil actually helps you enjoy and become motivated to do your work.
Side Effects And Risk Of Addiction
Most users find they can focus for 12+ hours when taking the study drug. However, there is a very small chance of some common side effects of this study drug. These include:
- Weight Loss
- No Appetite
Overcome Drug Abuse at Allure Detox TODAY!
There is also a low chance of addiction, but just like all drugs taken over a long period, there is still a chance. At Allure Detox, we can help you with your addiction to stimulants. Adderall Detox at Our Facility in West Palm Beach, Florida
At Allure Detox, we understand the struggles of those that depend on Adderall and are addicted to this drug or other stimulants. Our facility is well-equipped and designed to help you safely recover from Adderall dependence and maintain long-term sobriety.