Are you looking for free drug rehab in West Palm Beach? Many individuals with substance use disorder have difficulty paying for treatment due to a lack of insurance and having a low or non-existent income. Thankfully, there are places you can get treatment at little to no cost so that you can recover and lead a drug-free, productive life.
What can you expect when you enroll in a free drug rehab in West Palm Beach?
When you attend a free drug rehab in West Palm Beach, you can expect to receive care that you can afford. Many of the treatment centers receive funds from donations, endowments, and federal and state grants. There are also organizations that provide scholarships so that individuals can affordably attend treatment at a private center.
What are the normal costs of substance use disorder treatment?
The exact cost of substance use disorder treatment varies with the rehabilitation center, the types of treatment offered and the length of the treatment.
Estimated Costs by Length of Stay
- 30 Day (1 Month) Drug or Alcohol Detox – $250 to $800 per day
- 90 Day (3 Month} Outpatient Program – $1,4,00 to $10,000
- 30 Day (1 Month) Intensive Outpatient – $3,000 to $10,000
- 30+ Day (1-1.5 Month) Residential – $5,000 to $80,000
Estimated Costs by the Treatment Program
- Detox Services – $1,000 to $1,500
- Medical Detox – $4,700 or more per year
- Inpatient Drug or Alcohol Rehabilitation – $6,000 to $60,000+
- Outpatient Drug or Alcohol Rehabilitation – $5,000 to $10,000
What types of treatment are available at a free drug rehab in West Palm Beach?
Treatment centers that offer free drug rehab in West Palm Beach typically have a variety of programs, including detox services, residential, outpatient, dual diagnosis and holistic therapies. Some treatment centers may also offer acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy, physical therapy, and yoga.
The initial stage of drug or alcohol rehabilitation is detox. This is the period of time when the individual stops using their drug of choice and lets the substance leave their body. Medication-assisted therapy (MAT) is often used to help reduce withdrawal symptoms and prevent cravings.
Residential treatment involves living at the facility for the duration of the treatment program. Residential treatment typically involves various types of therapy, including individual, group, behavioral, and family therapy. Some centers also offer craft therapy, like painting or woodworking.
Outpatient treatment does not involve living at the treatment center. Instead, the individual goes to the center multiple days a week for several hours each day. During that time, they receive medication therapy, if they are receiving medications, as well as counseling and other drug and alcohol treatment services. At the end of the session, they return home at night to eat dinner and sleep.
Dual diagnosis treatment can be inpatient or outpatient. It is recommended for individuals who have substance use disorder as well as mental health issues.
Holistic therapies are natural treatment options that may be provided alongside conventional treatment or as a total drug and alcohol rehabilitation program. Holistic therapies can include horse therapy, nature walks, acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy, physical therapy, and yoga. The goal of these treatments is to help the individual relax, manage their stress, and learn new coping mechanisms.
Other Types of Free Drug Rehab that may Be Available in West Palm Beach
When you’re looking for free drug rehab in West Palm Beach, you may be able to find a faith-based program or a government-funded program.
Faith-Based Treatment Programs
Faith-based treatment programs are typically run by non-profits, and many do not require that the individual subscribe to any particular faith, just that they believe in a higher power. Examples would be Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA), but there are other faith-based programs available. The typical approach to these programs involves:
- Admitting and accepting that you are powerless
- Believing that help and healing is fascinated by a higher power than yourself
- Accepting God into your life and listening to His plan for you
- Taking a moral inventory of yourself in order to determine your shortcomings and working on eliminating them
- Admitting that you are human, flawed, and make mistakes
- Strive to become a better person with help from God
- Speaking with and making amends with everyone you have harmed with your substance use disorder
- Improving yourself through prayer and medication
- Ministering and spreading the message of God to other people both in the program and outside of it
Government-Funded Treatment Programs
Government-funded treatment programs are funded by state and federal money. They are completely free and typically offer detox, inpatient or residential treatment, outpatient treatment, and various types of counseling and therapy. Individuals who wish to enter a state or federally funded rehab center typically have to prove that they are US citizens, their income, proof of residency in the state where they wish to receive treatment, and that they do not have insurance that would pay for all or some of their drug or alcohol rehabilitation treatment. It’s important to note that these treatment centers typically have waiting lists, and you may not be able to get into treatment right away.
What are the 5 stages of drug rehab?
Drug rehab typically has five stages, including:
- Precontemplation – Not ready for treatment, still justifying their substance use, unaware or uncaring of negative consequences and effects
- Contemplation – Starting to understand that they may need help in the future but still prefer the perceived benefits of taking their preferred substance over becoming drug-free, but they may also be researching information on how to beat their addiction
- Preparation – Getting ready to stop. May have already tried cold turkey, started looking for counselors and treatment programs or attempted to take positive healthy steps forward, like joining a gym or undertaking new hobbies to keep their mind off their addition
- Action – Making the decision to get help and entering a treatment program
- Maintenance – Completed initial treatment and is now looking toward the long-term by actively taking steps to prevent a relapse.
How long can I expect to be in free drug rehab in West Palm Beach?
The length of your stay depends on the type of program you enter. Typically, programs last 30, 60, or 90 days. However, a long-term treatment program can last as long as a year. After treatment, you can extend your program by entering a sober living facility or a halfway house. Additionally, you can expect certain stages to take a certain amount of time.
- Detox – 3 days to 2 weeks
- Treatment – 30 days to a year
- Maintenance and Relapse Prevention– Lifelong
Letting your preferred substance or substances leave your body can take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. During this stage, you may be given medications to help with your cravings and withdrawal symptoms. You’ll also receive therapy to start the mental and emotional healing process.
Treatment programs are often categorized as either long or short-term. If the program is short-term, you can expect it to last between 30 and 45 days, but it can as long as 90 days. Any program longer than 90 days is considered long-term.
Maintenance and Relapse Prevention
The maintenance and relapse prevention stages are the longest, and it’s important not to get discouraged. Addiction is an illness that affects your mind and your body. This is why it’s called substance use disorder and most rehabilitation centers no longer use words like addict or alcoholic. You can think of substance use disorder as any other chronic health condition. Once you get the condition under control, you’ll have to work at keeping it under control. This means that you’ll have to learn the stages of a relapse, learn to recognize the signs in yourself, and get additional help when needed in order to prevent a relapse.
How do I start the process of getting into a rehabilitation center in West Palm Beach for my substance use disorder?
Allure Detox in West Palm Beach offers treatment services for those who have become dependent on drugs and/or alcohol. They offer medical detox and residential treatment that includes dual diagnosis and holistic therapies. Allure Detox accepts several different types of insurance plans and can help you start the safely start the process of getting clean, sober, and healthy so that you can live your best life.
To start the process of getting help for your substance use disorder, call us today.